10 MYTHS ABOUT YOUTH WORKERS
By Dr. Richard J. Krejcir
Youth Ministry is not comfortable! It's not easy! It is normal and okay to feel inadequate about your skills. Your confidence will grow the longer you do ministry and you will see how God can use us 'inadequate' people to do great things!
1. You must know what's going on in youth ministry at all'
2. You must have adequate training and be equipped to teach the Bible.
3. You must feel needed at all times.
4.You must always feel comfortable.
5. You must be one of the kids.
6. You must have plenty of free time.
7. You must feel secure.
8. You must be wild, crazy and dynamic.
9. You must be liked by all the kids and parents.
10. You must command respect from kids, parents, and the church staff.
So what are we to do? Seek He First, seek Christ and glorify Him as a Youth Worker!
Are you secure in your life? If so where is your trust placed?
Here is a helpful talk curriculum to teach youth to focus on Christ with lots of examples and Scripture.
Let us go out and live as our life belongs to our Lord, as it does, and strive our best to be our best for His glory!
So, what can I do to guard against Gossip?
The question is who has control of your tongue? Whose direction are the words and actions that come from your mouth aimed to?