Let us be Doers of His Mighty Word!
Remember the Word of God's purpose is to transform us into His image and character!
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you." (
· Study with the willingness to give an eager response. As Christ called us to "Walk in the Light" (Matt. -29; Mark 4:1-29; Luke ; John ; 1 John 1:5-7).
Ask the Question: "How does this apply to me?
Ask: "What will I do about it?" and WHEN?
These are the questions that we ask to see how the truth of what we are reading applies to our lives.
We are called to be the person who gets in His Word, who sees, knows, and applies it, will be growing and useful for Christ. He or she will be exhibiting good character and godliness as he or she moves into actually applying Christianity, to being "doers of the Word" (Prov. 28:13-14; Mark 3:7-8; John 8:47; Rom. 12:15; Col. 3:12; James 1:2-27; 1 John 1:8-9).
· Pray and ask God how to implement His truth to you.
This is the step where the rubber of the tires meets the road. All the previous five steps lead up to this. This is the main point of why we study the Bible, to do something with it. Of course we all do something with it, either we ignore it or we are transformed by it.
· True application comes only from the result of a life transformed.
· The Fruit of the Spirit are the result of a life transformed by Christ.
· God uses His Word to transform us; it is what He does to give it and what we do after we receive it, He sends us His Spirit, we respond.
Application comes out of a Changed life. And leads to a life transformed!
Jesus urged us to build our lives on His Word. (Matthew 7:24-27)
· What must I do to make God's Word real in me?
· How does this personally apply to me?
· What is my response?
· What has been my response in the past?
Ask the Question: "What can I model and teach?"
Ask the Question: "What does God want me to share with someone?"
Do Not Forget Bible Verse Memorization!
· Discipleship is following Christ and not just beliefs, ideas, or causes.
ASK YOURSELF THESE FIVE QUESTIONS:
· What illustration or analogy can I develop to remember the truth it contains?
· How does the truth apply to my life?
· What is my personal prayer regarding these truths?
· What changes/improvements could I make in light of the truth?
· How should I carry out these changes?
· How can I live out this principle facing a critical and unkind world?
· How can I converse my faith and what I have learned to others in the character of His Spirit and Fruit?
· Now that I know more and what to do, did I do it?
· What can I do to get more motivation and accountability to keep going?
SOMETHING TO CONSIDER:
· Satan would like nothing better than for you not to do the above!
· When we read God's Word and do nothing with it, we become the biggest fools in the universe!
This area of putting feet to God's Word is the most neglected aspect of our Christian life! But it is at this part where our lives change and God uses us to change others. (1 Tim. 1:6; 2 Tim. 1:10-14)
· To grow in Christ, we need to be equipped in Him by His precepts, and ready for His service. (2 Tim. 3:15-16)
· Remember, the Word of God's purpose is to transform us into the image of God-to model His character! And then, we can tell and show others.
· To grow in Christ, we need to be equipped by His precepts and ready for His service. (2 Tim. 3:15-16)
· Growing in the Spirit is a day-by-day progression, just like learning to read, the study of mathematics or science, or learning to play a musical instrument. It takes time and effort! So, do not be discouraged if your goals do not come about as quickly as you would like.
If no application comes to your mind, pray, and pray again. Let God show you His way, not our way.
• Tell Others.
You can stand in an ice-cream shop all day long and stare at all of the flavors, but no enjoyment or satisfaction will come until you bite into a scoop for yourself!
Remember the Word of God's purpose is to transform us into the image of God, to model His character!
Condensed from the book, "Into Thy Word" (see Resources)
© 1979, 1998, R. J. Krejcir Ph.D. Into Thy Word Ministries www.intothyword.org