JESUS ' Model to Know God's Will Matt. 26:36-46
I. His strong assurance. "Father."
- The character of God.
2. His encouragement. "My father!"
- Experience of the Father's trustworthiness.
3. His outreach for others. "Watch with me!"
- Wanted others with Him in the struggle.
4. His acknowledgment of need. "Sorrowful--even to death!"
- Owned His feelings openly--amazing freedom from guilt!
5. His acceptance of individuality. "A little farther!"
- Willingness to go it alone. Ultimately we stand before God as a solitary!
6. His persistent appeal. "If it be possible!"
The petition not answered--the person was! His dominant desire always had been to glorify the Father (John 17:1-5) and save the lost (Luke 19:10). That deepest prayer was heard!
7. His acceptance of the Father's better Way. "Never-the-less."
8. His immediate experience, inner peace, and power endure.
9. His ultimate answer, His resurrection, ascension, and outpoured spirit.