1. Desire - Want to seek Him out.
- Ps. 27:8 for a personal relationship with God. The first thing you need to do is you have to want to pray!
2. Decision- Give prayer your priority time.
- Daniel did. Daniel 6:1-3) 10
- Jesus did. Mark 1:35; Luke 6:12; 22:39-46. Make an appointment with God.
3. Determination - Make a commitment and keep it.
- Learning to pray is like learning a new language. It takes time effort and use.
- We are all beginners with prayer.
4. Expectation- God will be there to receive you. Luke 11:13; Heb. 4:16.
- He is gracious, good, eager response.
- Come to enjoy Him, to be with Him, and He with you.
- Use of meditation, hymnal, devotional guides, etc.
5. Have a place for prayer.
- Jesus did. Mark 1:35; Luke 6:12; 22:39
6. Listen for God's Word to you. Matt. 4:4; John 15:7; II Tim, 3:16-17.
6. Pray specifically. Mark 10:50-52; Phil. 4:6.
- Faith sized requests
- Be definite - "give me this mountain" Josh, 14:12.
7. Pray persistently. Luke 11:5-10~ 18:1-8; Matt. 26:36-46
8. Pray freelyand fully. Pour out your heart. Matt. 26:36-46; 27:45-46
9. When difficult or unreal pray audibly or you can write out the prayer
10. Pray confidently with thanksgiving. Phil, 4:6-7; I Thess, 5:16-18,
© 1988 Into Thy Word Ministries www.intothyword.com From the teaching notes of Robert B. Munger and R. J. Krejcir